- How many divorced (or separated, or similar) parents are there in Georgia?
- What are the various custody arrangements, by numbers or percentages?
- What percent or number of cases have something close to a 50/50% shared parenting arrangement?
- In these cases, why is this the case?
- Mother sought it? Father sought it? Both agreed? It was ordered? How did this happen?
- What has been the parents experience with this?
- What percentage of cases have a more standard 'shared' physical custody, with one parent having the child(ren) most of the time?
- In these cases, why was this case?
- Standard custom? Parental availability? Any good reason?
- Would a parent, or both parents, prefer something close to a 50/50% shared parenting arrangement?
- Did a parent seek shared parenting, but did not succeed?
- If so, why? Too expensive to fight? Contrary to social expectations? Too difficult in other ways? What happened?
Here are some basic factual questions about custody cases in Georgia that need to do be answered with data and statistics from social science: