National Parents Organization is the national voice for family law reform. National Parents Organization, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3), organization, is reforming the family courts to ensure equal treatment for fathers and mothers which, in turn, further guarantees the well-being of their children; to make shared parenting after separation or divorce the norm; and to ensure that finances after separation or divorce are distributed equitably.
- Children are happier and more successful because their loving bonds are protected after parental separation or divorce;
- Children have a natural right to be nurtured and guided by both parents;
- Society treats fathers and mothers as equally important to the wellbeing of their children;
- Shared parenting after separation or divorce is the norm;
- The courts arrange finances after separation or divorce so that both mothers and fathers can afford to house and care for their children and themselves; and
- Our society understands and respects the essential role of fathers.
- Shared Parenting: Shared parenting protects children’s best interests and the loving bonds children share with both parents after separation or divorce.
- Parental Equality: Equality between genders has been extended to every corner of American society, with one huge exception: family courts and the related agencies.
- Respect for Human and Property Rights: The Supreme Court of the United States has found that “the interest of parents in the care, custody, and control of their children... is perhaps the oldest of the fundamental liberty interests recognized by this Court.”